Explosive Virtual Team Cocktail Masterclass
A SeventhElement social with a creative twist!
The virtual Easter team social got our creative juices flowing with a cocktail making masterclass. Fruity, spicy, salty, bitter; which one sparks up your tastebuds?
The contenders are;
The timeless classic…
The sugar, bitters and lemon accentuate the rye-dominant taste of this cocktail. The most classic of cocktails, the Old Fashioned, dates back to the early 1800s.
Known as one of the simplest cocktails to make, yet one of the hardest to perfect..
- 50 ml of Whiskey or Bourbon
- 1 cube or teaspoon of Sugar
- 2-3 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 1 twist of Orange Peel to garnish
Mango Margarita is a fruity take on the classic cocktail. It’s creamy, smooth, refreshing and subtly spiced.
- 30ml Cointreau
- 45ml Mezcal
- 20ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 30ml Mango Juice
- Black Pepper
- Salted Cayenne Pepper Rim
The fruity modern classic…
The Bramble is a blackberry-based cocktail; nicely balanced in its sweet and sour tones. This cocktail is on its way to modern classic status!
- 50ml Strawberry Gin
- 25ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Sugar Cane Syrup
- 25ml Chambord
- Crushed ice
- Lemon Slice and Blackberries to Serve
This mezcal cocktail is perfect when you need a satisfyingly smokey drink!
- 50ml Sombra Mezcal
- 30ml Fresh Grapefruit and Lime Juice
- 15ml Rosemary Syrup
- Salted rim
- Rosemary and Grapefruit Garnish
The SeventhElement original…
The 1772 is a homage to when Nitrogen – the seventh element – was first discovered. This self-creation is a mix of sweet and sour to ignite the taste buds.
- 50ml Homemade Honey Infused Whiskey
- 25ml St Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 10ml Honey
- 20ml Lemon Juice (not for taste – to counteract the sweetness of the honey)
- 50ml Coconut Water (not for taste – to lengthen the cocktail)
- 1 Egg White
- Garnish with Dehydrated Lime
Tommy’s Margarita is made from ingredients sourced directly from Mexico. This unique blend helps to create a truly authentic taste.
- 60ml Tequila
- 30ml Lime Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 15ml Agave Syrup
- Salted rim
The 70s throwback…
A classic throwback 70s cocktail! Tequila Sunrise originates from California, in the early 1970s. The cocktail depicts the gradations of colour resembling a sunrise. (Not quite represented in the picture below…)
- 50 ml Tequila
- 80 ml Orange Juice
- dash Grenadine Syrup
- Garnish with Lime wedge and Orange slice
Apple Prosecco Punch
Quick, easy, fruity and refreshing! This cocktail pitcher is perfect for a summer BBQ.
- 400ml cloudy Apple Juice
- 200ml Vodka
- Juice 2 lemons
- 750ml Prosecco
- 1 Green Apple finely sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced