What Audit Tools Are Available.
The key to nurturing your digital marketing through an audit is collecting real-life performance data, measuring against your mission and KPIs, and converting this assessment into impactful recommendations.
To gather this data, you need to form a trusted band of reliable auditing tools. Our experts have spent years scoping and trialling countless tools, exploring the good, the bad and the ugly. If you plan to perform the digital audit yourself, we have assembled a go-to list of tools to help you power your way through the project:
- Google Analytics: Track your ROI and measure insights such as web traffic, content performance, audience behaviour and paid media activity.
- Google Search Console: Measure your website organic performance in Google search engine results, identify and fix issues.
- Google Keyword Planner: Carry out keyword research, review average monthly searches and find the best words or phrases to boost your website's organic performance.
- SEMRush: Conduct competitor analysis, keyword research and gain valuable insights into your website's organic performance and Google positioning.
- Screaming Frog: Crawl your web pages to detect issues with your website's content or technical SEO errors.
- Ahrefs: Assess link building and web rankings, and conduct keyword research, competitor analysis and site audits.
- Majestic: Develop link building strategies based on data such as Trust Flow, Citation Flow and Topical Trust Flow.
- Moz: Improve SEO visibility with keyword, competitor, link explorer and ranking insights.
When exercising the right tools, you can save hours on gathering data that you would otherwise have to do manually. While some of our top-pick tools are free to use, some have a fee, but it's worth weighing up the financial investment versus the time saved.