08 Aug 2022
7 Reasons why Infographics should be a part of your Content Strategy
In an ever-expanding sea of information online, with extensive content published daily across all platforms, cutting through the noise is critical in digital marketing. Infographics are a great way to get heard. They’re attention-grabbing, informative, engaging, and a powerful tool to communicate with a wider audience.
But why are they so effective?
90% of information is transmitted to the brain visually, making visual marketing one of the most successful and effective marketing tools. So, it makes sense that 65% of B2B marketers utilise infographics and videos to bolster their content marketing strategy.
Need a little more convincing? We’ve compiled 7 compelling reasons – illustrated by our own work – why infographics should be part of your content strategy:
- Infographics enhance readability
- Infographics are highly shareable
- Infographics can build high-quality backlinks and provide exclusive guest post opportunities
- Infographics have the power to start conversations and boost engagement rate
- Infographics boost SEO and improve ROI
- Infographics are a great brand awareness tool and boost brand value and credibility
- Infographics are easy to repurpose and are a great promotional tool
Get stuck in!
1. Infographics enhance readability
As we become an increasingly visually-focused society, our content needs to be easily scannable and pack a punch. Your audience is more likely to be mentally stimulated through visual aids than blocks of text.
A well-designed infographic helps readers digest text-based content and complex stats and applies different visual storytelling techniques to tell an engaging story that captures attention and influences behaviours.
To improve your infographic’s readability;
- Use attractive colours that adhere to your branding – colour can boost readers’ attention span and remembrance by 82%
- Test a variety of layout options to determine which resonates best with your audience
- Develop a basic template to start, and expand once A/B testing is complete
- Avoid creating a lengthy blog post and focus on the most critical information instead
2. Infographics are highly shareable
Infographics should not only be easy to consume but easy for readers to share. Your audience will like and share an infographic three times more than any other content on social media.
To improve your infographic’s shareability, we suggest focusing on the following;
- Enable highly-visible social sharing buttons
- Add an embed code button
- Submit to infographic sites
- Promote via email marketing and share in your monthly newsletter
- Include infographic snapshots or share specific sections to include on social media, in blog posts, and press releases
- Share it regularly on social media
3. Infographics can build high-quality backlinks and provide exclusive guest post opportunities
One of the chief benefits of infographics is their ability to generate inbound links to your website. Their capacity to be shared will create static inbound links and social signals that play an important role in Google’s Page Rank algorithm, serving as a vital component of organic SEO.
Link building enables your business to rank higher in Google’s organic search results. However, links must come from relevant, quality websites with authority in their own right to propel your business forward and be ranked higher in search.
Even sites that may not be accepting guest post contributions might be interested in publishing an infographic as an alternative. These sites may also be keen to include a link to your infographic in an already published piece of relevant content. This means you get to build high-quality backlinks and strengthen your domain authority on your end while driving user engagement on their end. Win-win.
Infographics have proven to be one of the more effective backlink generation tactics for many brands, and blog articles with infographics produce 178% more inbound links.
SeventhElement guest post collaborations with UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), designed by our creative team;
4. Infographics have the power to start conversations and boost engagement rate
With visual aids, you can increase your engagement dramatically. Images and other visuals can improve a website’s click-through rate by 47% compared to websites with text-only posts.
This increased engagement rate translates into more growth and visibility for your brand.
The numbers speak for themselves. As shown below, our ‘Oceans for Good’ guest post has been viewed nearly 3,000 times and ‘Net Zero Eating’ is UKRI’s best performing social post – generating over 4x more impressions than their average post.
5. Infographics boost SEO and improve ROI
Infographics are an effective tool for driving more traffic to your site, and publishers that use infographics generate 12% more traffic than those that don’t.
The increase of inbound links can boost your search results, which is further enhanced if highly targeted keywords are included in the title and metadata of your infographic.
As mentioned above, infographics have very high user engagement potential. By increasing traffic and views, share ratios, and audience engagement, you will be more likely to succeed. Being seen by your target audience and high-engagers with a large following will also maximise your infographic’s ROI.
E-commerce largely depends on an engaged audience. So if you are in an E-commerce industry where you predominantly sell things on your site or require service sign-ups, employing visual content – infographics and videos – will increase your conversion rate.
6. Infographics are a great brand awareness tool and boost brand value and credibility
Creating an infographic embedded with your logo, colours, shapes and messaging is a powerful means of increasing brand awareness.
Infographics also go beyond telling people about your brand. They demonstrate your value and knowledge in a meaningful way. That’s why they must support your defined brand image.
Creating engaging and informative graphics can help your audience learn more about you or your business and ensure you’re seen as a voice of authority. By positioning yourself as an expert in your industry, you not only become a thought leader but can also build credibility for your brand.
Become a trustworthy source by crafting an original infographic, power-packed with useful resources and relevant images.
7. Infographics are easy to repurpose and are a great promotional tool
Apprehensive about spending hours designing an infographic for it only to be published once? Infographics don’t have to be a one-hit-wonder. They have the flexibility to be repurposed in several ways, in the form of posters, presentations, Ebooks and animated videos. Infographics can instantly make potential buyers see why you are better than your competitors.
As demonstrated below, they can also be easily adapted into other types of content for you to use across social media channels. Work with your design team to break down your graphic into content that fits the optimal design specs for each channel you use, and you’ll drastically increase social engagement.
Visual communication is a vital element in delivering digital growth for our clients. If you’d like us to help produce and design an engaging infographic for you – get in touch and let us breathe life into your story.